- Moscow renews efforts to take Izyum.
- Russia heavily shelled the eastern city of Lysychansk, killing several people and making a key highway out of the city impassable, according to Luhansk Governor Serhiy Haidai.
- Russian media broadcast what it said were images of two US citizens captured while fighting for Ukraine.
- US President Joe Biden said he had been briefed about the missing Americans but was unaware of their whereabouts.
- Ukraine said its forces hit a Russian naval tugboat with two Harpoon missiles in the Black Sea, the first time it has claimed to have struck a Russian vessel with Western-supplied anti-ship weapons.
- Russia has freed a Ukrainian medic whose footage was smuggled out of Mariupol by an Associated Press team, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson offered military training for Ukrainian forces as he met Zelenskyy in Kyiv on his second visit to Ukraine since the start of the war.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin accused the West of colonial arrogance and trying to crush his country with “stupid” sanctions that amounted to an economic “blitzkrieg”.
- Ukrainian foreign minister Dmytro Kuleba urged the West not to ...
[ Full text ]